Important Dates & Milestones
This page was last updated on January 26, 2018, and is subject to change. Please check this page often for updates.
For the Class of 2021
- Residence halls open for move-in at 9:00 a.m.
- Schedule Adjustment Day. Students must come to the second floor of the Coleman-Morse Center to see their First Year advisor to make schedule changes.
- Classes begin.
- Last day for course changes.
January 24 — March 9
- First-year students must make an appointment to see their First Year advisor at least once in this time period
- Mendoza Internal Application Deadline
- Spring meeting should be complete
March 10 — 18
- Mid-Semester break. Mid-term grade reports will be sent to first-year students.
- Midterm Grades Available
Summer Session Registration
- Drop Deadline
- Students who want to drop a course must meet with their First Year advisor to initiate a drop request. This meeting must take place by 5:00 p.m. today.
- Final Exam Conflict eform Turned On
March 30 — April 2
- Rising sophomores will begin to register for the Fall 2018 semester using NOVO.
April 24 — May 6
- Course Instructor Feedback surveys will be sent to students beginning November 29. Please complete the survey before May 7. Students who complete this survey will see their final grades online a week earlier than those who do not.
- Deadline for 2018/2019 financial aid applications for returning students.
- Final Exam Conflict eform Turned Off
- Last day of classes.
May 3 — May 6
- Reading days to prepare for final exams (no examinations).
May 7 — May 11
- Final examinations.
- Residence halls close at 2:00 p.m.
For the Class of 2022
Aug 15 — Aug 16
Orientation for new international students at Notre Dame
Transfer Welcome Weekend and advising for new undergraduate transfer students
Transfer and readmitted students begin registration
Undergraduate halls open for first year student move-in beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Aug 17 — Aug 20
Welcome Weekend and advising for first-year undergraduate students
Classes begin for Notre Dame
Last date for all class changes
Labor Day - classes are in session
Oct 13 — Oct 21
Mid-term deficiency reports submitted through insideND by 3:45 p.m. at Notre Dame
Last day for course discontinuance at Notre Dame
Nov 12 — Nov 28
Registration for the Spring 2019 semester
Nov 21 — Nov 25
Nov 27 — Dec 9
Course Instructor Feedback administered at Notre Dame
Last class day
Dec 7 — Dec 9
Reading days (no examinations)
Dec 10 — Dec 14
Undergraduate halls close at 2:00 p.m.
All grades submitted through insideND by 3:45 p.m. at Notre Dame