Grades for the First Semester
Dean’s Honor List
Students on the Dean’s Honor List will be officially notified at the start of the second semester. A student qualifies for the Dean’s Honor List by achieving a GPA for the semester that is in the top 30% of the class.
Probation and Dismissal
Students on probation will be officially notified after the beginning of the second semester. Students to be dismissed because of academic failure will be notified after the grades are made available.
Winter Session 2020-2021
The goal of the Winter Session is to capitalize on the length of this year’s winter break by providing meaningful engagement opportunities for Notre Dame students to nurture the formation of mind, body, and spirit.
Offerings include career development and professional growth workshops and projects, career counseling, skill building sessions, mentorships, virtual experiential co-curricular community service, research experiences, and a modest number of short online courses taught by Notre Dame faculty.
Visit wintersession.nd.edu to learn more!
Undergraduate Research Options
Notre Dame has recently dedicated significant resources to undergraduate research. Taking part in undergraduate research can help you:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of research techniques
- Apply what you learn in the classroom in the real world, making your learning both relevant and practical
- Become acquainted with the research and literature in your chosen field
- Experience how your efforts can contribute to a field of research, possibly while traveling and meeting people from all over the world
If you are interested in involving yourself in research, explore research opportunities and possible funding for your undergraduate research at websites below, and then plan to talk with your First Year advisor in the spring semester.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Programs
- The College of Arts and Letters Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts
- The College of Engineering Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- The College of Science Undergraduate Research
- The Flatley Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement
- The Nanovic Institute for European Studies Support for Undergraduate Research
- The Kellogg Institute for International Studies Support for Undergraduate Research
- The Keough School of Global Affairs Beyond the Classroom
Summer Study Abroad Programs
Interested in a summer study abroad program? Information and a link to the online application can be found on the Study Abroad website. If you have questions, contact your First Year advisor.