Fighting Irish Media (FIM) student workers receive real-world work experience in areas including live event production, feature writing, recap writing, social media, graphic design, and statistical analysis. In addition to work with FIM, ostudents have had the opportunity to partner with some of the nation’s leading media outlets including NBC Sports, ESPN, NFL Films, and Bleacher Report. In addition, the coming launch of the ACC Network in 2019 will create even more opportunities within FIM.
After their time at Notre Dame, many of student workers have gone on to careers in sports, including full-time employment in Fighting Irish Media. In addition, former FIM student workers are employed at ESPN, NBC, NFL Films, Under Armour, Hollywood Studios, CBS Interactive, Stats Inc. and professional teams, including the Chicago Blackhawks, San Francisco 49ers, and Pittsburgh Penguins.
Potential jobs include:
- Student broadcasters for ACC Network Extra
- Assistant Editors for player and game story features
- Behind the scenes cinematographer for sporting events (some travel)
- Graphic designers for digital storytelling on UND.com and social media
- Camera and replay operators for ACC Network Extra broadcasts and in-venue videoboard production
- Edit in-game highlights for social media
- Write feature content for UND.com and gameday programs, in addition to student-athlete bio pages and game recaps
- Scorekeeping and statistic capturing at home events
- Assist in coordinating media operations (press area set-up, press conference coordination) at home games and ACC & NCAA Championships hosted at Notre Dame.
FIM will contact applicants with plans for an informational meeting during the first week of classes this fall. If you have any questions, please contact Johnny McDermott at email@example.com.