Types of Events
The criteria and submission form below apply to these types of events:
- Major/Minor Information Sessions
- Art or Cultural Events
- Academic Talks, Panels, Discussions, or Conferences
- Academic Information Events
- We will enter submitted events into our website calendar and into the calendar on the First Year of Studies tab in insideND on an ongoing basis. Please allow one week for posting processing.
- Events should be submitted at least one week before they are scheduled to be featured in our social media.
- Your event must be submitted by the fifteenth of the month to be included in the newsletter for the following month.
- We must receive event information two weeks in advance of the event date to post it on our digital sign.
Our website calendar of events page allows for one photograph that must have a landscape, i.e. horizontal, orientation. If you are submitting a JPEG that is only for a calendar posting, it must be 313 X 222 pixels with a resolution of at least 72 pixels per inch.
Social Media Images
If you want your event to be featured in our social media, please be aware that we require a photo for all social media postings. You must upload a JPEG large enough to accommodate these required image dimensions:
- Facebook: 470 X 352 pixels
- Twitter: 506 X 253 pixels
We can size images for you.
Digital Signage Images
If you design your own sign, please remember that simplicity and clarity are essential to good sign design. The following criteria must be met by any sign submitted for display on our digital sign:
- Fonts used must be easily readable. University brand standards recommend the use of Garamond or Galaxie Polaris.
- The file format must be a JPEG or Powerpoint slide.
- The orientation must be landscape, i.e. horizontal, 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high.
- The pixel resolution must be 72 or 96 pixels per inch.
Upon request, First Year of Studies Communications can design a sign for you. You must make the request three weeks in advance of your event so that we will have time to complete the sign and post it with sufficient lead time to advertise your event.
Design requests should be made at the bottom of the “Submit Event” form.