Registration Resources for Spring 2021
Throughout November, the Center for University Advising and First Year Advising will share resources with all first-year students to help you plan for registration on Wednesday, December, 9th. These tools are designed to help you discern, plan and ultimately build a spring schedule that best suits your academic interests, aims, and curiosities.
This guide outlines the first-year student registration calendar, Spring curriculum requirements, directions to efficiently navigate NOVO, and helpful partners and contacts.
The Spring Registration Planner, known as PATH Planner, is now available for first-year student to access. We have created a guide to walk students through how to search for courses and build their plans. The planner, which will be shared with advisors, will help students begin to prepare their spring schedule. The planner must be completed by Friday, December 4th, 2020. Holds will be placed on the accounts of those students who fail to submit a spring schedule course plan.
Have some questions about course numbers, credits, or registration restrictions? Check out these FAQs for some quick help!
Are you ready to use NOVO to register for courses? This step-by-step video walks you through accessing NOVO, navigating to your Plan, and completing the final steps of course registration!
All first-year students will receive an email on November 2nd, 2020 with an invitation to visit the 2021 Spring Registration Guide and complete a few questions about your current major discernment process. Your answers will help your First Year Advisor provide you with the most relevant information and resources as you explore Spring 2021 registration.
Spring 2021 Center for University Advising Courses
Explore these spring semester courses offered by members of the Center for University Advising!
- Exploring Student Identities
- Foundations of Academic Excellence
- Giving Back Through Education
- Global Arts and Identity
- Politics in Film
- Politics in Film: Social Problems
- What is Catholic Literature?
A Few Helpful Dates to Keep in Mind
- Nov. 2, 2020: Discernment Survey and Registration Guide link sent to all first-year students
- Nov. 9, 2020: Class Search is Updated for Spring 2021, Registration Planner is live, and time tickets available in NOVO
- Nov. 16-20, 2020: Final Exams
- Dec. 4, 2020: Deadline to complete Registration Planner
- Dec. 7, 2020: Registration Holds placed for students with incomplete Registration Planners
- Dec. 9, 2020: First-Year Registration time tickets active. Time tickets listed in Eastern Standard Time.
- Dec. 21, 2020 - Jan. 5, 2021: Notre Dame closed for Christmas celebration
- Jan. 8, 2021: Registration closes for first-year students
Exploring Your Possibilities
Even if you already have a strong sense of what field of study you wish to pursue, your first year is designed as a time to explore the boundless options at Notre Dame that can combine your diverse interests into a rich and challenging program of study. Use this resource as you even deeper enter into a year of exploration and discovery.
How We Serve You
The Center for University Advising offers mentorship, support, and guidance as you cross the threshold into university life and enter into our community of scholars. This short resource offers a glimpse into how we hope to serve you.