This is the way you’ll start
your life at Notre Dame.
Looking back, I think of freshmen orientation as an initiation and a welcoming into a family … I felt welcome and at ease with each person I met.
Mary Kate Conboy ’11, Science-Business and Romance Languages and Literature
First-Year Welcome Weekend is where it all begins.
August 22-24, 2015
Welcome Weekend is mandatory for all first-year students.
Our welcome weekend is held each fall to introduce parents and students to campus life and to help them become more familiar with the University of Notre Dame. Here are some of the activities we have planned for you and your family:
- Our official Welcome Program followed by your first academic advising session with your First Year advisor
- Academic exploration sessions where you and your family can meet the University administrators and deans in the schools or colleges that you’re considering
- Frosh-O, student-led activities to introduce you to your dorm and dorm life, along with orientation meetings with your dorm rector
- Student services open-houses where you can find out more about the support that Notre Dame has to offer
- Receptions, picnics, lunches, dinners — lots of opportunities to meet people for food and fun
- Sunday Mass with the entire first-year class and their families, where you will receive your Notre Dame Freshman Medal
- The Spirit of Notre Dame, a program of music by the Notre Dame Marching Band and student vocal groups, with an introduction to the campus athletic programs