Fighting Irish Media Job Opportunities
Faculty Host: Nathan Bush, Associate Producer, FIM
Apply Now via firstyear.nd.edu/FIMapp
Fighting Irish Media (FIM) is a department within Notre Dame Athletics tasked with telling unique and compelling Notre Dame stories through the lens of athletics with the hope of sharing the Notre Dame message around the world. They cover all of our sporting events and varsity teams throughout the academic year.
FIM currently has a 150 student workers (paid) who work anywhere from 10-20 hours a week depending on their schedules. They would like to hire 40-50 of the best and brightest incoming first-year students who have a passion for and understanding of athletics.
Former FIM student workers are currently employed with ESPN, NBC, the Indiana Pacers, Under Armour, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the San Francisco 49ers, Hollywood Studios, the Chicago Blackhawks and RedEye Chicago, among other prominent organizations. “Due to the large network of Notre Dame graduates, if you put the time and work ethic into working for us we will do everything we can to help place you in a job once you graduate,” says Nathan Bush, associate producer for FIM.
FIM student workers receive real world, on the job experience including live event production, website writing (features, game recaps etc.), social media planning, graphic design and statistical analysis, working with some of the most prominent media outlets in the country, including ESPN and NBC.
Potential jobs include:
- Student broadcasters for ACC Network Extra
- Assistant Editors for player and game story features
- Behind the scenes cinematographer for sporting events (some travel)
- Graphic designers for digital storytelling on UND.com and social media
- Camera and replay operators for ACC Network Extra broadcasts and in-venue videoboard production
- Edit in-game highlights for social media
- Write feature content for UND.com and gameday programs, in addition to student-athlete bio pages and game recaps
- Scorekeeping and statistic capturing at home events
- Assist in coordinating media operations (press area set-up, press conference coordination) at home games and ACC & NCAA Championships hosted at Notre Dame.