First Year of Studies Job Opportunity
Faculty Host: N/A
Notre Dame Student Job
Position Available: 1
Hours per week: 4-6
Hourly Rate: $8.60
The deadline to apply is August 31, 2016.
Writing skills will be very important in this job, so a writing sample will be collected from every applicant. The application will ask for 300 words from you that will tell a first-year student something you think is interesting about your hometown or high school. Text should not exceed 300 words.
The communications assistant (CA) will provide content and support for the First Year of Studies website. Working closely with the Communications Specialist, the CA will:
- Prepare and upload text, photographs, and videos to the website using the Conductor content management system
- Maintain links and update existing content
- Create and maintain event postings
- Write news articles for the website
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Understanding of good visual design
- Knowledge of Conductor a plus, but will train
- Ability to use Photoshop and InDesign a plus, but will train
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays are preferred; Monday and Friday are possible.
We can accommodate a student’s schedule, but hours must be within the standard 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. schedule.
Questions should be sent to Lisa Walenceus at firstname.lastname@example.org.