Ready to add more to your first year at Notre Dame? The First Year of Studies has special programs designed to stretch your boundaries beyond the classroom and engage you with the greater intellectual life of the University:
- The Balfour-Hesburgh Scholars Program seeks to provide high-achieving students who are also members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education with a close-knit learning community that will give them the tools and connections they need to be at the leading edge of the arts, sciences, and humanities.
- The Dean’s A-List is a framework of activities to help you get involved in a set of must-do activities designed to help first-year students begin a yearlong process of contemplation and self-discovery guaranteed to result in personal growth and transformation. Those completing these activities will receive special recognition at the end of the academic year.
- NDignite offers first-year students a variety of programs and events to connect them with faculty and resources.
- The FYS Spring Break Travel and Research Grant is a grant of up to $2000 awarded to three first-year students interested in researching with European Studies.
- ePortfolios are digital multimedia resumes that students begin during their first year and continue throughout all four years at Notre Dame.
View All Events
February 21 Developing New Coverages for a Niche Market
February 21 Peer Advisor Office Hours for Science Students
February 21 Preparing for Health Professions