Notre Dame requires all first-year students to reside in an on-campus residence hall unless living locally with a parent or legal guardian. As a first-year student, you can access the 2016-17 housing application online beginning at 9:00 a.m. EST on Monday, May 23, 2016 through 12:00 p.m. on Monday, June 6, 2016. Visit “homeunderthedome.nd.edu”: and log in using your NetID to complete an application.
If you will not be residing on campus – because you are cancelling your acceptance to the university or will be living with a local parent or guardian – you must contact the Office of Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are not assessed fees for on-campus housing.
Important Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016 – Early Move-In Begins for Students with Prior Approval (visit housing.nd.edu/movein for details)
- Friday, August 19, 2016 – Residence Halls Open for First-Year Student Move-In
- Wednesday, November 23 – November 27, 2016 – Thanksgiving Break – Residence Halls Remain Open
- Saturday, December 17, 2016 – Residence Halls Close for Winter Break
- Sunday, January 15, 2017 – Residences Hall Re-Open for Spring Semester
- Saturday, March 11 – March 19, 2017 – Mid-Semester Break – Residence Halls Remain Open
- Friday, April 14 – April 17, 2017 – Easter Break – Residence Halls Remain Open
- Saturday, May 13, 2017 – Residence Halls Close
For additional information about on-campus housing, move-in, and what to bring to campus, visit housing.nd.edu/movein.
Stay connected throughout the year! Follow Housing on Twitter at twitter.com/NDHousing